Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Florida and gay adoption

I have just learned that a judge in Florida has ruled that not allowing gays to adopt is unconstitutional. Uh... ya think? Hello!! Why was that even an issue. I tell you, I am so irritated by these people that are not allowing children to be raised by gay adults in a loving nurturing homes I could just spit. I won't though (how butch of me to spit). It just makes no sense to not find homes for children without anyone else to love them. How ridiculous. Let's just allow them to stay in orphanages or random foster homes because potential parents are deemed unfit or "deviant". Unfit, not because they are abusive or selfish but "unfit" because some religious group or conservative agenda doesn't want to acknowledge people that have a different sexual preference than they do. Lets focus on pedophiles or child abusers as unfit and dangerous rather than gay folks. I mean get your fucking priorities right!

No comments: