Friday, November 21, 2008

Championship Tomorrow/ Nutcracker starts

Tomorrow are the two final games of our regular fall 2008 U10 soccer season. 1st is the semi-finals and then the finals. Whew... what a season it has been. I am excited for tomorrow. I really think this team can do it. We've got a shot at 2008 Champs! Wow!!
And, as if that's not cool enough, my daughter is performing in the Nutcracker with her ballet studio and professional dancers. This is a big weekend for our family. The kids are both doing really important things at the same time. Amy has been helping with the ballet and I have been coaching my son's team so we both are exhausted. My daughter has 3 hour rehearsals every night and today she performed for a bunch of kids bussed in from all kinds of schools and Amy had to help backstage. Plus Amy has to study for college and I work 40-50 hours a week. What the hell? We need a vacation. After tomorrow, I'm freed up a bit but Amy has to do this thing Sunday and my poor daughter is so sleepy... I wouldn't change it for the world. I love this stuff. We have wanted to get the kids involved with something constructive for so long but never could because of our full time work schedules. Now that we can, it's both exhausting and expensive but to see their little faces when they do well or when we cheer them on makes it all worth it. I guess this is the fun stuff people always talk about when it comes to their kids. I always thought the fun stuff was after they go to bed. That's fun too but this is pretty cool. I'm proud of my little ballerina, my soccer player and my college girlfriend. I'm proud of myself too because after they all fall asleep, I get to get drunk and pass out (I'm proud that I waited for them to fall asleep before I pass out...).
Wish us all luck tomorrow!
Go team! Go dancers! and Go Moms!

No comments: