Wednesday, December 17, 2008

two trees


Now we usually get a nice 4-5 ft tree and decorate and the kids get plenty of room for presents to be spread out etc... But this year we were on a budget so we got this little "Charlie Brown" tree. My kids were sad but finally came around. Then... one of my sweet little soccer players over heard me saying how we had to get a little tree and within a day, he bought us a huge 6 ft tree, bigger than any tree we've ever had in our house. It was crazy. He spent his own money and told his parents that he wanted to get us a tree because that's what Christmas is all about. What? Can you believe that? How sweet. I started crying, his mom started crying... it was awesome. This kid is 9 yrs old and he spent his own money that he does chores for to buy his (obviously favorite) soccer coach and family a tree. Wow!! That is what Christmas is all about. I'm so proud of that kid. I love Christmas and my family now has a gorgeous tree to light up our season.

No comments: