Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh-Bama!

What a dumbass! He really pissed me off this time. I have a friggen' Obama shirt for God's sake!
So... Rick Warren... hate-filled pastor. Super wrong and really bad. He does good things for Aids and Africa but he goes along with the hard core right wing Christians who think that gays and pedophiles and incestuous people are all filed in the same hell bound category. That is just so wrong. I get what Obama is trying to do. He's trying to show the other side that he's still a Christian and he wants the folks who didn't vote for him to say "oh look, he hates gays too.". Ok, that's not his point but what is? I mean this is like a "ha ha ha" to the gay people that were so excited to see him win. We all thought this would be a new era... we would have "change" and "hope". Now, I think we might be sad. Prop 8 passed... now this shit. Hell no! You are going to see gay people everywhere stand up and be heard. I'm not giving up on Obama, I still think he'll be a great President, I'm just disappointed and nervous. I know that this gay drama will be over soon and gay people will be allowed to get married and most people will come around. It just might be a while. And another thing... the people who keep saying we have the same "rights" are trippin'. When you get married, that's it, your married. To have the rights without getting legally married is not that easy, it's a lot of paperwork, lawyers, paying for court stuff and the "rights" can still be challenged. Marriage, under the law, requires much less and gives much more. It's easier, cheaper and much more binding. When children are involved, the only guarantee that you have is the actual legal contract of marriage. So... the crybabies that keep saying "you have the same rights... why are you so in need of our title... 'marriage'". Well, dumbass, because it's neat and clean and easy. We should get to have it neat and clean and easy like all of you. I'm a good parent and a good wife (although my "wife" might challenge that statement) and I see no reason for all of this protest. I get it though, opposers want to pretend gay people don't exist so they don't have to explain it to their children and they can't side with gay people because they might not get to Heaven. Hey, I understand, they are scared of that which they do not understand. That's why, right now, I'm scared shit less about the choice our new President has made as to who will stand with him on his Inauguration stage.

No comments: