Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's a sad day for the Hornets

Well, it's all over. We are not moving on the the quarter finals. We place 3rd in our pool. The team that won our pool had 25 pts., the second place team in our pool had 24 pts. and we had 23 pts. It was that close. We lost our last game and they played really, really good but we couldn't pull it off. My boys had a wonderful season and we are always going to be the 2008 U10 division champions for Ventura region 39 so I'm still a happy coach. We will have our last practice tomorrow where the boys will play this soccer game called "pac-man" that they have been asking me if they could play all season and I haven't let them because I don't know the rules but tomorrow, they can do whatever they want. Then on Sunday, we will have a pizza party and celebrate our excellent season. One family has offered to have a pool party in January (only in California can you have a pool party in January) for all of us.
I'm proud of the Green Hornets, I'm proud of my son and all his great plays (he headed the ball like 5 times this weekend and it was awesome), and I'm proud of myself for not crying just now when I found out we are out of the next set of games. What a run we had! Now I wait until spring soccer which I will coach again without all the pressure of playoffs and points and placement. Spring is just for fun. All of this is just for fun and we all had a lot of fun!
Thanks for reading and praying and crossing your fingers. It helped.

No comments: