Sunday, April 18, 2010

Twitter vs. Facebook

So, I've not kept up on my politics lately, just a little bit here and there. I do follow twitter though and the twitter population seems to stay pretty caught up. I signed up for facebook but do not really go there, too open... too available. I prefer twitter because I can just throw out a one liner and I don't have 10 replies and 16 new "old" friends that want to re-connect. Now, the cool thing about facebook is that I get to see people I haven't seen or heard from in 20 yrs and most of the time they look great and have families or have finally come out of the closet or are miserable slobs. Either way, it's interesting. But... some people, I don't want to "re-connect" with... and some people, I don't want reading my blog or checking my "tweets". Some people, I'd like to just not know anymore. I mean, if I see them in the grocery store or the adult book store (just kidding, I don't go to tri-star books anymore...), fine, "hi...how are you?...great, see you later" etc... but on facebook, they see what your doing and can talk to you at any time. Ugh. No, I don't need that. Come get a Big Mac if you really need to know what I'm doing. The other thing is that some people don't have the same religious and political views that I have. I don't want to lose or gain friends based on my beliefs. I'm not trying to say that I'm too good to reconnect with people or anything like that... I mean I love seeing some of my old friends like Lisa and Wendy and current people in my life and all that but... I don't know. Family is cool. I actually see more of my family members through Facebook then I ever had before so that's good but the idea is off putting so far. I may change my mind, I may come around. Who knows. I do know that I can't put my blog address there because I blog about real people in real situations and I'm too much of a pussy to hurt anyone's feelings and I coach soccer and don't want the organization to know that I get pissed off at people and want to throw basketballs at their face. That would not be good. I guess I'm not really into socializing unless I'm face to face. Actually, I have no idea what I'm trying to say here. I'm not that into it I guess. Like I said before, twitter is really anonymous and Facebook is just that... right in your face. I can pretty much guarantee I'm not that popular on twitter and the people that follow me did not know that in high school I had a little bit of a mullet and wore some awesome ass clothes. My twitter followers never saw me hanging out the drive-thru window or saw me when I lived in my Volkswagen van and traded pot for a shower. (I had some really good times though). I guess, it's still to be determined. Some folks think twitter is dumb and spend a lot of time on Facebook. For some, it's the opposite and for others... they think both suck. I guess it's a matter of opinion. I just know that I love my blog and being able to express myself through my words and Facebook requires me to talk to people I know where as twitter... I don't know those bitches and I don't give a fat fuck (except a couple people and they love me no matter what... I think...). I have no conclusion here... it's just to be determined whether or not I stay in the loop with Facebook... or if I'm just too old and set in my ways...I'll let ya know... I'll either update my status or throw out a tweet...hold yer breath.

No comments: