Thursday, May 6, 2010

No results yet but my bro is crazy...certified!

Well, here I am in Indianapolis and it's been very interesting so far. I have no money left (enough to literally eat a small meal each day but not to drink or tip anyone... it's a little frightening because I have 2 more days here and 2 more in Cincinnati...) We are in a hotel across from the hospital and the whole 3 block radius is schools and hospitals which means no smoking sections so I have to run around and find a place to smoke... (at least I'll come home with extra cigs). Other than that, I'm doing fine. I've given a lot of blood, had a PET scan and an MRI. I did the spinal tap (I prefer to call it an L.P...lumbar puncture) and it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, just slightly uncomfortable and I had to sit hunched over for like 20 minutes with my head down so I did get a fricken gnarly head rush. But overall, not too bad. I've talked to a lot of really important doctors and research people and everyone is really nice to us. I have to take a cognitive test tomorrow that is like 4 hours long so...not too excited about that. My brother is absolutely driving me crazy and today he got into an argument with the genetics professor and it's too fresh for me to write about it but I think I will probably dedicate an entire post to his bizarre behavior but I may change his name to protect his privacy... wait, I guess I already told you he's my brother... He's done gone mad I tell you!!!
My sister and I are doing everything in our power not to kick his ass and leave him here but we are taking into consideration that he is a crazy fucker and might get physically violent with us... yeah, I know.

No comments: