Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Where have I been?

Hello readers... are you there?
Well, I am for a minute or two. I have been working like a little bitch bones the past 2 weeks and I am emotionally and physically drained. I've actually cried a few times at work just due to sheer exhaustion and stress. I was sick (thought I had swine flu because the day before it hit the news, I had a terrible sore throat which turned into a cough and fever... I don't have swine flu) and my boys finished out the soccer season with a loss. It was an awesome game though and they never gave up, not for a minute. We lost 6-2 but they played their hearts out. I'm glad it's over for now. On Saturday, Lukas and I signed up for fall. This should be exciting. And... I have had 3 parents request me as their coach... one lady I've never even met, she saw me coaching and liked how positive I was and asked me for my name so she could request me at sign ups. That is so cool.
My job... my wonderful, exciting, never boring, never ending, always busy job. It has consumed me more than ever before. Here's the deal: McCafe! It's here, it's overwhelming and it's kicking my McAss!! I have put in more freakin' hours preparing for this thing than I wish to acknowledge. They have us setting up, training, selling, testing, sampling, getting certified and running around with our heads cut off and then... then... they do national advertising and coupon drops before anybody knows what the hell they are doing. It's very important that this goes well. Very important. We have supervisors, field consultants (which are corporation people who basically decide your fate), owners, field consultants' bosses, owners' bosses and anybody else scary like that coming into our restaurants and ordering really complicated coffee drinks to make sure we can do them properly and of course, I didn't today. I blew it so bad that the guy asked my boss if we should even be selling these in our restaurant. Nice! That caused a tear or two. It's like: "you know what A-hole, why don't you jump behind this counter and make a dumb ass non-fat iced mocha with light syrup while I sit in your drive-thru and stare at you"... I didn't really say that. It's too much pressure man. Too much! Any way, now he has to come back and do another little visit and of course, we don't know when, so we are always on edge and I'm gonna be having someone else make his stupid coffee while I distract him with my amazing good looks and charm. Actually this guy is as stoned faced as a freakin' statue so even my charm doesn't phase him. It's all about the coffee. It's good though, I mean an iced mocha with an extra shot of espresso is pretty damn good. I enjoy these coffees and I'm proud of them and proud to work for McDonald's but right now, I'm just tired. I told my boss I was going to punch him in the head today. That's probably not good.
In other news, twitter... not really doing it yet. Signed up but haven't attached it to my phone yet (hold on... I'll do it right now). Ok, just put it on my phone so maybe I'll start twittering from my phone. Seems like a lot of work at this point in my life, I've got a couple of kids, a wife, a whole grip of dogs and a job that absolutely consumes my energy... all the same, I'll probably still check it out. Can you say confusing? Well, I'll say it for you... I am confusing. I'm not drunk today just tired. I'll get in the swing of things soon. I'll come back with bigger and better conversation, I promise. Bye for now, my battery is low (my computer and my brain).

No comments: