Sunday, May 31, 2009

Prop 8 again, Dick again and the Sea World story

Hello! I have rare moments to blog these days and believe me it's killing me. I have so many things to blog about. So starts the ranting or venting... Prop 8 not being turned over is a great start eh? That is a sad story but only the beginning. The courage campaign is talking about putting it on the ballot again in 2010. I'm sure that we will be able to rally together enough people to match up against the stupid Yes on 8 people that were shipped in from Utah, Colorado and the rest of those states that paid for protesters to come out here and hold signs. That's crazy right? I love love love when people say... "It's ok for you to have civil unions"... really? Thank you so much for allowing me and my life partner to spend a million dollars to have a "civil union". Those cost money that I don't have. Lawyers and such have to be involved, we have to file numerous documents and that's not even including the steps we have to take to insure our children are being covered by the law in the event something were to happen. They are ignorant. They don't care. They are the same people that want everyone to be "saved". Uh... can you say hypocrite? I'm not worried though, I'm not upset about it. I'm just patiently waiting for the people to get off their butts and get to the polls and decide that gay people are entitled to marriage like they are... enough said. Well, couple more things to say... Dick Cheney supports gay marriage! Ok, I said it. He is a supporter and agrees with me on something. Him and I talked this over and I told him that he had to give a little. Then I got a creeped out and thought maybe it was a trick and he was trying some reverse psychology on me... I'm still unsure... it's too weird that he agrees... oh, well, he does have a gay daughter. I guess if he didn't then he would not. How scary for her to tell him... So, we have that much at least. If that means anything.
Then there is the whole Dr. Tiller thing. I have only one thing to say. You can't justify murder with murder. Capitol punishment, same concept. War, a little different due to various reasons that I won't involve myself with at this time. That will be another post at another time. This guy did what he thought was right and his assassin did what he thought was right... they both have some explaining to do at some point but to kill someone because they are "a baby killer" is ignorant. It's like those righties that call liberals and our President "baby killers". Should we be calling them "grown up killers" or "war mongers". I can't really give my full on this one because I have a mid-road feeling about all of this and when I run for office I'll need to fine tune my statements but until then... let's just leave it at murdering that doctor was wrong in every sense of the word.
Now, on some positive things... my son was chosen out of a few thousand people to be the kid that feeds, pets and helps Shamu do his tricks at Sea World San Diego last week. It was phenomenal. He really didn't know what was going on. The lady came up to us before the show started and leaned over and asked him if he would like to be a part of the Shamu show and he looked at her like she was crazy. He didn't get it. Me and Amy both said "YES!, he'll do it!". He was like "am I gonna get wet?" kinda pissed off about the whole thing as if he just didn't want to be bothered. It was really funny. I explained to him that this was a once in a lifetime experience and he would be so bummed if he didn't do this. I told him how lucky he was and it was his good energy that got him picked (I'm like a hippie saying this to the poor kid... karma and all that). He realized what was going on as we walked toward the stage and he told me he had butterflies. As soon as the lady asked him I started crying. I cry a lot and especially when it comes to my kids. I'm like a hormonal mess whenever anyone says anything mean or nice to or about my children. It's nice but gets annoying, especially when your trying to video tape something or talk to a teacher at parent/teacher conferences. So, here I am crying, here he is trying to listen to the lady about what he has to do and when she mentions that, depending on which whale they use, he may need to do a "dance" to get the whale to dance, that was it. All he could think about was that he had to dance. Poor guy. He didn't... thank goodness. He was on the big screen, the trainer talked to him about believing in himself and he could do whatever he wanted... more tears... and gave him a whales tail necklace that said: Anything is possible if you believe... oh God, could this get anymore emotional for me? It was really cool. Then, all day, people kept saying good job and patting him on the back. 15 minutes of fame. He really needed this experience. He has a hard time at school and in life due to his ADHD so this was neat for Amy and I to see him get to do. Now, his sister was not as excited as we were. When I asked her if she saw him on the big screen she said "no, was he on the big screen? I didn't notice". I told her not to worry, she is going to be in the ballet Cinderella this Saturday and Sunday and all of us will be there to watch her dance AND she's going to be in the local paper so that will be her 15 minutes of fame. Actually, I see a lot of fame in her future. She is very talented and can dance beautifully and also sings pretty damn good not to mention she is gorgeous so, I'm not too worried about her getting her time in the spotlight. It's a competition though and I suppose it always will be... sibling rivalry... gotta love it.
I have run out of time but let me say, are the right really that blatantly racist and sexist that they would be this upset about Judge Sotomayor being nominated for the supreme court. It's crazy and weird that they even say so much about it. I can't spend time on this right now because this post has gone on long enough but... come on! Later, later I will get into this. I always have an opinion to give and I will give it. I'll talk to Dick Cheney about it first.

No comments: