Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Whoo-hoo!
2009! Wow. How exciting. Last year was good. I have no regrets and I'm looking forward to the new year, the new President and a pay raise. Hopefully this President will do well. I really think he will. I'm not mad about his stupid Rick Warren friend anymore, I'm over it. I shouldn't get so upset but it is difficult not to when people are talking trash directly to me and my family. I just learned that someone left a comment on my other blog but it was removed by Google I guess. I really wish I had seen it, it was on a posting about Prop 8. Probably someone angry about gay people. Probable someone saying: "you still have rights.... waaaaa, blah, blah, blah..." Oh well, what the hell, they smell. (I'm feeling extra mature in '09).
I'm really hopeful and excited about this upcoming year. I haven't made any unrealistic resolutions just wanting to help Amy keep the house clean. We are in the process of painting the living room and I have been very helpful if I do say so myself. Painting is fun. We are going to paint the kids rooms next. That should be interesting.
Lily has gotten promoted in ballet to a level 3 class. She's only been doing this for a year and she has moved up faster than any of the other kids. I guess she's really good. I'm not there when she has class but according to Amy, all of her teachers say she's the best one in their class and they use her as the example when they show the kids how to do something. I'm so proud of her. If she sticks with this, she may someday have the lead in the Nutcracker... (wouldn't that be awesome). I have high hopes for her. She is very graceful and has a lot of determination. I must say, I'm not surprised that she is a good dancer. She has been dancing around in twirls and swirls her whole life. She's a great singer too. Amy and I really need to tap into these talents of our children and live vicariously through them... light bulb! Lukas got an electric guitar for Christmas and last year Lily got an acoustic guitar so after we get them some lessons, we are going to start a band. I'll be their manager like Joe Jackson or the Osmonds or Hanson or the Jonas Brothers or... we'll see what happens.

No comments: