Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Don't ask don't tell... I'm turning 40!

Hello. I am really trying to remember to blog every week but... it's hard. I actually think about what I will write and then I begin to just "go off". Now though, I am really busy with soccer and work. I am on vacation this week though so, no excuses. Today the "Don't ask don't tell" policy was overturned meaning it's not going to be ok to be gay and in the military. Why are people so freakin' freaked out about gay people. I mean seriously, it shouldn't matter. It's like how many gay people in the military are walking around saying "Haaay... what's up girl? I looooovvvve your cammo outfit... you look good in that hat"? Really? No, they are just doing their thing and their job. I'm a huge gay and I don't walk around with a chain hanging from my wallet and my sleeves rolled up. I don't hit on chicks in the Drive Thru nor do I ask customers what year their car is and can I work on it. (I don't do that shit anyway, I'm just making a point here). The military people are doing their job and trying to do it right, without provocation. Whatever, paranoid America... paranoid Christian America.

My son just told me a joke: There's a white guy and a black guy in a car... whose driving?... the cop. Wow. What is my son learning? I laughed, it was funny. He said, "I don't get it?" I said, "me either".

So, my soccer team... awesome. No drama. Just a good, well organized, well coached team. I am very pleased. We have a really good shot at a championship this season. 4 games in, undefeated, great attitudes, great hustle... great team. Lucky, lucky me.

I'm turning 40 in 4 days. I feel, physically 40, mentally 25. My body has been so sore lately. I think actually I feel like 50 or 60 physically and probably 18 mentally. Whatever... I'm not excited... not at all. It hasn't quite hit me yet, probably a couple days after. I have a lot of repressed shit that could explode at any moment. I'm actually pretty freaked out and I don't know if anyone I know can feel this way. Maybe my sister or brother or one of my friends that just turned 40. Or someone who has turned 40 in the past and is waiting to find out if they might possibly have the gene that might provide early onset Alzheimer's disease an opportunity to affect you. Whoa! Was that too crybaby drama queeenish? yeah well what the fuck. Put that shit on your to do list... fuck an A! For those of you who follow me regular, I still don't have the results. Dun dun dun dun!
I'm not going to hole up and cry though... we gotta keep moving right? Like a fish... keep swimmin'... keep swimmin'... I'm going to just live my life, drinkin' beer, smokin' cigarettes and having more coffee than a cop working the graveyard shift. As long as I got my wife and kids and these friggin' mutts we keep ending up with, all is well. I have a lot more shit than most people I know and I'm as happy as... (trying to come up with something clever)... a clam?... ooh, not at all clever. Fuck it, I'm too old to be clever right?

So... if I make it to Saturday I'll post a sweet birthday blog and add some video... ooh that'll be neat!

3 comments:

Piltdown Man said...

Ok, so you turn 40 on Sunday. Big fucking deal. I am only one year away, and just don't give a fuck about it. And think of it this way, your twice as smart as you were at 30, five times as smart as when you were 20.

So keep on punching, and keep on writing. 40s just a number.

-Piltdown Man

Anonymous said...

with the beer drinking and the smoking and caffeine i believe that the early onset Alzheimer's disease should be one of your last worries....

Angie said...

ok anonymous... point taken, but you gotta give me your name so i know who to snicker at... i'll accept a code name if you want to remain "anonymous". cough...cough...cough...