Thursday, July 17, 2014

Update on me.

Ok. I'm going to give this a try. I'm using my iPad mini and I'm not as familiar with the keyboard as I should be. In fact I'm tempted to use the voice feature because #1:  that's rad and how cool that we have such technology & #2:  it's so much easier than trying to type on this tiny little keyboard. (I'm from the typewriter era).  Yes, we had computers by the time I went to college but not in high school. Only rich kids had computers.  The voice feature has it's downfalls though.  Mainly you sound like your talking to yourself.  Enunciating every word is equally embarrassing as talking to yourself.  Too many errors if you don't enunciate.  Another thing I have to do is use "large" font. I'm old and my friggin eyes suck. Almost ready for bifocals. Awesome. 
     So what's been happening since my last post?  I left my job of 24 years. Yep. That was a crazy thing to do. Enough was enough. Happy for the change.  Stressful trying to pay the rent but luckily I had some retirement to cash out. That was so smart of me. No, it wasn't but shit, the kids have gotta eat.  I've been off work for 8 
months and it's boring but I'm really getting used to chillin out all day in my sweats and slippers.  Sexy.  I drink coffee during the day,   beer at night and smoke like a chimney.  Just like a writer.  Actually in between I obsessively check Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and play candy crush.  If only I could get paid for that.  Dammit! 
   I do justify my lazy ass with the fact that I maintained a VERY stressful job for a long time.  I do have a bitchin resume and I've got a few interviews going on.  I do want to get back to work. I need to start rebuilding that 401K.  
     Other than that, I'm still blissfully in love with my partner of 14 years and we are semi-successfully raising our two teenage kids.  I'm still good looking and happy with my life.  Still coaching soccer with a great last season of all stars.  My son scored the championship goal in our last tournament of the season (the only goal of the final game) with a header off of a corner kick and that was BADASS!!  I have become a coach instructor and in addition to coaching the U16/19 boys, I will be the master coach for the U5 
players.  75 four and five year olds shouldn't be tough at all.  Actually with boys and girls it's close to 200 players.  Let's see hoe this goes. 
     I have a job!!!  I'll start training for Red Robin burgers in August.  I've gone on 5 interviews and this place is where I should be. Great food first of all and the people are very nice. It's a good vibe and a good fit. I'll start as a manager in training and be an assistant for 6-9 months but they are paying me what I made as a general manager for McDonald's so that's fine. 26 years with the same company makes it very difficult to start all over but it's what needed to be done. There was no where else to go with McD's. I was miserable my last 5 years or so. It's a lot harder than people think and when company politics get in the way, it's even harder. I did and do still love McD's though. They made me the manager I am today and I'm grateful.  This place is very people centered and they treat their employees very good. My talents will be appreciated and that's really what it's all about:  respect. 
     I know this was a boring post but I had to put a few words down and start posting from this gadget. So I'll get my shit together and throw out a political rant next time.  Hopefully it won't be another 
year before that comes. 
    So until next time... 

No comments: